My policies below are the same as on the contract you sign at the time you book your order.
How much do you charge?
See my pricing page!
Where are you located?
We are in Crossville, TN. I run out of a small studio attached to my home and meet all requirements for a cottage food establishment.
Do you deliver?
Yes! Delivery is free anywhere in Crossville. Deliveries outside of Crossville are .50 per mile.
I have a food allergy/dietary restriction, can you make my cake?
My kitchen is not allergen free. The equipment I use regularly comes in contact with common food allergens. Please let me know before you place your order if you have a food allergy or dietary restriction so that we can determine if it would be safe for me to make your cake.
If you choose to order from me, you order at your own risk and I can not be held liable for any reaction you may have, as stated in my contract.
Can you make my son's/daughter's favorite character?
As much as I would love to, unfortunately the answer is no. Characters from movies and tv shows are licensed/copyright/trademarked, meaning only the folks that created them can recreate them for profit. This would also include team mascots, brand names, and logos. I can however capture the essence or theme of your (or your child's) favorite and apply that to cake. You can also purchase toys to place on the cake, if you wish. Then it's a cake and gift in one!
A cake from the grocery store/another cake maker is less, can you price match?
Yes, you can get a cake from your local big box store for a steal. However, I don't order my frostings. I don't have stacks of cakes frozen in my freezer waiting on you to order. I don't have machines that do piping for me. I'm not able to take a loss on the cost of a cake because you may buy other products from me. This is usually the case with grocery stores.
Each baker will have their own way of pricing, level of skill, business plan,and overhead cost.
I will always bake your cake fresh. I make my own buttercream from real butter. I take the time to research themes, designs, cake flavors, to make sure you get exactly what you want for your event.
When you order anything custom it comes with a higher price because it also comes with specialized skill, personally bought supplies, attention to detail, and usually, a lot of time. When you choose to buy from me instead of a grocery store, you're getting a completely personalized, completely fresh, completely unique work of love!
Do you make dessert cakes?
While, yes every cake is technically a dessert, there are some cakes that are *only* dessert. These would be your tres leches cakes, strawberry shortcakes...you get it. And while they are absolutely works of art in their own right, they are not what I currently offer. I have done them in the past but at this time, what you see in my gallery and what you see on my menu are the products on which I am currently focusing.
That said, I am always happy to add a filling or flavored buttercream to get the taste you're looking for!
Can you make a cake without fondant? I hate that stuff!
Of course I can...if that's what you want. However! I have done my due diligence to find the most appealing fondant available. And depending on the style of cake you'd like, fondant may be required to get a smoother finish or to accomplish a certain technique. If you're still hesitant, you can always just remove the fondant from your slice of cake, as there will always be a layer of buttercream underneath! I also offer modeling chocolate, which as the name suggests, tastes like white chocolate.
How do I order?
The quickest way to get a quote is to fill out the contact form here. The more information I have, the more accurate the quote will be. When you are ready to order, I will email you a contract to review and ensure I have all of your information correct and an invoice that can be paid online. If you are ordering more than two weeks before your event (this is a good idea, to make sure I'm not already booked for your event date!) a 50% nonrefundable retainer fee is required to book your date. I understand, nonrefundable is always a scary word. But this is only because I take such a limited amount of orders and I will likely have to pass on other opportunities to give your cake my full attention. Occasionally I will also have to order special tools or supplies specifically for your cake that may not be easily returned. However, the remaining balance you pay is refundable up to two weeks before your event. If you need to change the date of your event, or the design of your cake, you must do so at least two weeks before your stated event date.
Can you make this cake I found on Pinterest/Facebook/Etc?
For the most part, the answer is "yes." But, there's a little bit of "no" in there too.
I will not make an exact replica of another artist's cake. I will use another cake as inspiration, use similar colors and patterns, or use a particular flower you like. My aim is to give all of my customers a cake that is completely unique.
"Be original, copies fade too fast."
Are you SURE this cake will feed all of my guests?
I'm sure! For just about all size cakes, I have personally tested it myself or received feedback stating such.
However, to get the most servings out of your cake, it's best to cut the cake into squares (yes even round cakes!) instead of the usual triangles. I always make my cakes tall enough that when you cut it into squares, you have plenty of cake to enjoy! If you think you would like larger slices, you can always order a larger cake.
If you have a large event, or just want to see how I figure your servings, I would be happy to supply you with a chart.
My friend got a cake from you and hers was cheaper/ more expensive!
Each cake is priced individually based on difficulty, time, techniques, and materials used. This is why you will not find a price sheet on my website for custom cakes. That said, I do have minimums in place. See my pricing page for more information!
1. A NON-REFUNDABLE retainer of 50% is required to consider this an order and contract for the above-described services. The remaining balance will be due two weeks before the delivery date. Any changes to this order must be made at least two weeks prior to delivery. If the above-mentioned order is canceled 50% of the total cost of the cake is non-refundable, plus any and all expenses that have already been incurred.
2. If fresh flowers will be used on the cake it is the responsibility of the florist to determine flower safety and safe food practices and not the Cake Decorator.
3. Please note that colors and design of actual cake may vary slightly from computer or drawn mock-up due to the nature of digital and edible components.The colors red and black or any shade of these colors cannot and will not be guaranteed. These colors are very unstable and tend to fade.
5. Cake ingredients or machinery may come in contact with nuts, milk, wheat products and other allergens. It is the Client's responsibility to inform the Cake Decorator if there are any known food allergies, even if the order does not contain nuts or other allergens. The Cake Decorator cannot guarantee there would not be cross-contamination among my products. If the Client chooses to order, they understand that they are purchasing at their own risk.
6. In the case of an unavoidable situation, such as a car accident or poor road conditions during delivery, the Cake Decorator cannot be held liable for more than the cost of the above-ordered cake
7. The Client shall provide clear driving directions to the desired delivery location and inform the Cake Decorator of any adverse road hazards and or obstacles that may damage the finished cake
8. Changes to the cake order: size, description, flavors, etc. will be accepted until 2 weeks prior to the event date. After that lockout date, changes may not be accepted.
9. Delivery and setup is strongly suggested for all wedding cakes and for some multiple tier special occasion cakes. Delivery is free for cakes inside of the city of Crossville or as determined by the Cake Decorator. All deliveries outside of the city of Crossville are subject to a round trip .50 per mile fee. If the Client would like to pick up the cake, arrangements must be made beforehand.
10. The Cake Decorator can not be held responsible for any damage to the cake once delivery is complete. If the Client chooses to pick up the cake, the Cake Decorator can not be held liable for any damage incurred after hand over. Cakes must be placed on a flat and secure surface. Laps are not recommended. . Please note that direct sunlight and temperatures of 75 degrees and higher may have drastic and adverse effects on any cake.
11. The Cake Decorator can not with a good conscience and will not copy another cake artist’s work exactly. Trademarked/Licensed material will not be used or recreated on the Client's cake.
I promise to do everything in my power to deliver you a cake that exceeds your expectations. I will work with you on every level to make sure you are completely satisfied and happy with your cake.
In the case of an emergency or an error in your cake delivery, please contact me immediately so I can fix the issue right away! If you are unhappy with your cake for any reason, please call me the day of your event and explain the situation. In the rare case that you are unhappy with your cake and would like a refund, you must call the day of your event so your cake can be returned. Without proof that you are indeed unhappy with the product and will not be using it for your event, I will be unable to refund any portion of your payment. I am dedicated to satisfying my client’s cake requirements.
By signing this, you agree that certain creative changes may be made to your final design for the sake of aesthetic, stability, structural integrity, or other certain emergencies. You are also acknowledging that you are purchasing a cake made by a licensed business in a private home, uninspected by the state of Tennessee health department.